Ambiances – International Journal of Sensory Environment, Architecture and Urban Space – promotes annual thematic dossiers since 2015 related to the areas of sensitive environment, architecture, and urban space.
The journal’s objective includes interdisciplinary perspectives to test the sensitivity of possible ways of living and conceiving the contemporary world.
Below, the edited volumes up to the present moment are available in open-access:
- Experiential simulation in architecture and urban space;
- Ambiance and history of architecture: the built environment in our sensory experience and imagination;
- Animating public space? Between urban programming and citizen activation;
- Experimentation, Ambiance, Architecture;
- Phenomenographies. Describing urban and architectural atmospheres;
- Staging atmospheres: Theatre and the atmospheric turn